For academic year 2018 – 19, classes at Cheadle Heath are arranged as follows:
- Nursery Class offering 2.5 days per week childcare (see Nursery section of website)
- Two Reception classes (Pearl and Sapphire) for children aged 4 – 5 yrs. Intake is in September, regardless of the birth month of the child.
- For Reception children school starts at 08.55 and ends at 15.15.
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 1 includes Year 1 and Year 2 children. In 2018 – 19 we have –
- Two Year 1 classes (Jet and Ruby) for children aged 5 – 6 years
- Two Year 2 class (Amber and Topaz) for children aged 6 – 7 years
- The KS1 school day begins at 08:55 and finishes at 15:15
- The doors to school are opened at 08:45 for ‘Fix It’ time and pupils are encouraged to come into school to respond to their marking
- Lunchtime starts at 12:00 finishes at 13:00
- At the end of the school day the children are dismissed from the classroom doors when the teacher sees the collecting adult
- Children in KS1 are assessed and grouped for phonics and placed in phonics groups according to their ability, with children of similar ability, regardless of which year group they are in. These groups are regularly reviewed.
Key Stage 2
Key Stage Two includes Year 3 to Year 6. In 2018 – 19 we have –
- Two Year 3 class (Amethyst and Quartz) for children 7 – 8 years old
- One Year 4 class (Opal) for children 8 – 9 years old
- Two Year 5 classes (Onyx and Coral) for children 9 – 10 years old
- Two Year 6 classes (Emerald and Garnet) for children 10 – 11 years old
- The morning session begins at 08:55 and school finishes at 15:15
- Lunchtime starts at 12:10 and finishes at 13:00, in line with KS1.
- We open our doors at 08:45 for ten minute ‘response time’ where pupils are welcome to come into school and respond to any marking in their books. This time is sometimes used to practise spellings, handwriting and times tables. The children are then escorted into school to start their day. Please do not allow your children to come into the playground before 08:45 unaccompanied as the area is not supervised by school adults before this time.
For parents who need their children to come to school early we have a school based ‘Early Risers’ Breakfast Club. This opens at 07:45 in the school hall and costs £3 per child per day.