It is the policy of the Governing Board that children at Cheadle Heath Primary School should wear uniform. Appropriate items of school uniform are listed below:
- Emerald green sweatshirt /cardigan, with or without the school logo
- Plain white shirt or polo shirt with collar
- Plain dark trousers, pinafore or skirt
- Plain dark pinafore dress
- Plain grey/ black/ green /white socks or tights
- Waterproof coat
- Green gingham check dress
- Tailored school shorts
- Sensible black shoes, no heels or platforms.
- No trainers or boots should be worn
- Flat, black, plain school shoes or ankle boots. Boots must not be ‘UGG’ style and should not come above the ankle
- Trainers should not be worn.
- Wellington boots may be worn to school but children must have their school shoes to change in to
- Swimming trunks (no shorts) or swimming costume and swimming cap
- Plain White T Shirt
- Black shorts / cycling shorts
- Hoodie / tracksuit for outdoor PE
- Plimsolls / trainers
- Green or black School Book Bag (Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1)
- Black School Rucksack (Key Stage 2)
- The wearing of jewellery is not appropriate for school and is not permitted except when it is worn for religious reasons.
- If your child has pierced ears then studs may be worn. No other type of earring is acceptable due to health and safety reasons.
- A watch may be worn
Please label all items of uniform clearly with your child’s name.
Please note that it is not compulsory to purchase logo items from school, you may purchase plain uniform items from a shop of your choice - something that we actively encourage you to do.
Second-hand uniforms can benefit all parents, particularly those on low incomes. In addition, by extending the life of garments, it is more sustainable.
We ensure that arrangements are in place so that second-hand school uniforms are available for parents to acquire through periodic second-hand uniform sales or swap shops. We organise the provision of second-hand uniforms via our usual communication channels, which happens throughout the school year.