At Cheadle Heath Primary School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, in line with the duty placed on us by section 175 of the 2002 Education Act. We strongly believe that all children have the right to feel safe and to be protected from physical, sexual or emotional abuse and neglect and understand the term Safeguarding to mean that we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the risk of harm to children’s welfare is minimised. All of our policies and action plans are drawn up with this in mind.
We take safeguarding very seriously and have an extensive range of strategies for keeping children safe which extend to all who work in, or with, Cheadle Heath Primary School.
Our ongoing commitment to safeguarding includes:
- A written safeguarding policy and up to date child protection procedures which have been agreed by the Governing Board.
- An identified senior designated officer and a nominated deputy.
- A nominated governor to champion child protection issues.
- Training at the appropriate level for all staff and volunteers,which takes place annually for the whole staff group.
- Robust staff recruitment and selection processes which safeguards children.
- Distribution and understanding of the guidelines set out in the latest Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE)