PE & Sport Premium
The PE and sport premium is additional funding to improve provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in school. At Cheadle Heath Primary, we pride ourselves on being a happy and healthy place to learn. We’ve developed an action plan to ensure this funding is invested (rather than ‘spent’) to maximise the long term impact of our PE provision for pupils and staff.
Our PE provision plans show how we’re investing the money and the way we closely monitor the impact of these initiatives through assessment of children’s skills, staff and pupil feedback, uptake of clubs etc. In 2018 / 19, we received £17,900 to support our wider vision and plans for PE and sport and planned to spend the grant in the ways identified below.
2019 / 20 Priorities
Our priorities for spending this year’s Sports Premium Funding include:
- Improving teachers’ subject knowledge and experience through buying in a specialist P.E. teacher to work alongside staff when teaching PE (KP4).
IMPACT: staff up skilled and have increased access to professional development opportunities
- Extending provision so that an increased number of pupils participate and compete in sport competitions and events, including the cost of transport to venues. (KP2)
IMPACT: pupils given increased opportunities to participate in a wider range of inter-school competitions
- Sourcing and providing a range of P.E. related curriculum enrichment opportunities. (KP3/4)
IMPACT: pupils participate in sporting opportunities, which otherwise may not be possible. This will give opportunities for pupils to represent the school, the local Edgeley cluster and the borough of Stockport in different sporting events.
- Providing increased opportunities for pupils to participate in a variety of after school and lunch time sports clubs including multi skills and netball. (KP3)
IMPACT: develop pupil’s enjoyment of P.E. and improve their health and well-being with a focus on increasing physical activities during the school week
- Enhancing the provision for SEND. (KP2)
IMPACT: inclusion enhanced and pupils with SEND given opportunities to participate at a competitive level
- Supporting the development of an active lunchtime playground including zoning the playground and equipping the Playpod (KP3)
IMPACT: reduction in the number of lunchtime incidents and increased activity over the lunchtime period
See attached 3 year tracker showing our plans for sport in school, improvements made and details of how the sports premium grant is being spent. We monitor the impact of each identified area, RAG rate each aspect and report on the impact that the funding has had before establishing future priorities to develop PE & sport at Cheadle Heath Primary School.