At Cheadle Heath Primary School we teach the humanities subjects of geography and history through our four nine week creative topics. Many of the topics have strong humanities links which lend themselves to covering the national curriculum in exciting and immersive ways. Whilst developing children’s geographical and historical skills and understanding there are also many opportunities to establish strong cross-curricular links and apply those skills that have been learned and developed in other subject areas including English, Mathematics and Computing. Such links may include:
· Development of writing skills such as reports, explanations and fictional writing set in another time period.
· Reading Comprehension Skills – reading for understanding and meaning.
· Research of specific topics using a variety of sources including the Internet
· Using Computing Skills to present information (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint)
· Organising and presenting data.
· Presenting work for display based on a specific topic area.