Governing Board Reconstitution
On December 1st 2014 Cheadle Heath Primary new Governing Board met for the first time following reconstitution.
A new Chair and Vice Chair were appointed and a number of new coopted Governors. Under the reconstruction there are 12 governors on the school’s Governing Board made up of:
- 3 Parent Governors (Parent Governors are elected by the parents and normally serve for four years)
- 1 Local Authority Governor
- 1 staff Governor
- 6 co-opted Governors
At Cheadle Heath Primary, we have the following committees.
- Resources Committee: income and expenditure is monitored to ensure there is no overspend and that the budget is supporting the curriculum. This committee’s main purpose is to ensure that spending for our school remains within budget and that money is spent wisely to meet the needs of our pupils. It meets every term but, in addition, there are review meetings with the local authority finance officer. The health and safety of the school site is also part of this committee’s remit.
- Teaching, Learning & Assessment: Its main purpose is to discuss and monitor all aspects of the work of each school around pupil progress and attainment; monitoring how the Pupil Premium and PE grants are being spent to improve provision; and ensuring that the curriculum is broad and balanced and meets statutory requirements.
- Pupil Support: The main purpose of the committee is to discuss and monitor all aspects of the school’s pastoral work including areas such as attendance, behaviour, safeguarding, health and spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) provision. An important role of the committee is to ensure all safeguarding policies are fully understood and correctly implemented by all staff.