Empower Schools Alliance
The Empower Schools Alliance is a group of Primary and Secondary schools within the Stockport area who work together to drive initiatives which raise teaching and learning standards. Gatley Primary School is the lead Teaching School, which provides the Alliance schools with a range of school improvement, CPD and wider developmental opportunities. The Alliance works with a range of strategic partners including Elmridge Teaching School (Trafford), Stockport Local Authority and Edge Hill University and Manchester Metropolitan University.
The alliance currently comprises the following schools:
- Bolshaw Primary School
- Etchells Primary School
- Gatley Primary School
- Kingsway Secondary School
- Meadowbank Primary School
- Norris Bank Primary School
- Outwood Primary School
- Torkington Primary School
- Queensgate Primary School
What Does The Alliance Do?
Our school collaboration is a network of support which encompasses the diversity of schools and its children. By providing a broad range of opportunities and support networks, the ongoing learning journey of all is strengthened. Our alliance helps us to keep pace with the changing landscape, presenting innovative and creative ways to benefit our children.
We engage in joint development opportunities such as the Middle Leaders Programme and staff access a range of joint professional development opportunities. Our staff are currently involved in research and development teams, creating research designs and approaches which further develop high quality practice within and across the schools.
What Are The Benefits Of Belonging To The Alliance?
As an established forum, collaboration within the alliance provides a range of benefits including:
- An established, proactive and forward thinking forum
- A shared vision of teaching and learning
- Opportunity to explore new ways of working
- Opportunity to challenge the status-quo confidently
- Pooling collaborative strengths across the group
- Generating a diversity of support for our children
- Helping to evidence the impact of the outcomes for children
- Keeping abreast of the changing landscape